Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Still Alive

Just a quick note to say I'm still alive. Just finished my income taxes and am staggered at the amount I spent on medications and medical bills in 2009 - almost $10,000 and that's with "good" health insurance. Never thought I'd agree with a Democrat but Obama's right - the medical system is out of control. Thank you for the kind supportive emails. I'm hanging in there. The Prozac is really starting to work. I volunteered to worth with a local disability advocates group. The irony has not escaped my notice. As my therapist said - the years will go by whether I decide to do something or not.

2 comments:

  1. Susan,
    It is true, life will keep going, no matter what we do. Wether we sit and wait, or make it worth it. So lets make it worth it!
    I agree with you and that is why although I I go up and down myself, I have chosen to take every possible moment my body allows me, and make it count-either by enjoying it or contributing to this world. A single mom right now myself , disabled from being the quickest and healthiest I can be because of various diseases (fibromylagi, epstein barr, HHV6, myalgic ecephalitis (chronic fatigue/pain) and reynauds), I too have been at the top working as a Governor's cabinet member and at my lowest bed ridden for months. I have experienced life as a whole in my very short 35 years. I am glad that you also refuse to let them tell you how you are living your life. We are all dying. It is just how we decide to do between now and then and how much each minute is worth. Thank you for inspiring.
    PS. as I hit post, i just realized we are neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... got nothing much to comment on the post but I love the heading..

    ReplyDelete